In the past 18 years MMSETS has been offering various mathematics, problem solving and junior engineering classes - most importantly preparing students for nationwide mathematics competitions and with this assisting students to excellence in college and graduate school and beyond. In this process many students started Modular Origami as a crossover of art and foundation for stronger spatial vision or more in-depth understanding of architecture, structural engineering and robotics.
We are on the forefront of problem solving teaching from grade 3 to 14.( Read the attached letters of our successful students - the writer of this letter is in graduate school at MIT on Fulbright scholarship in the U.K. Read the experiences of former students and parents in the letters below:
- Aurimas Bukauskas, former student, attended MMSETS programs six times, PhD candidate at MIT, Fulbright scholar in the U.K.
- Steven Leibiger, father of two returning campers, inventor, PMTS Technology & Integration at GLOBALFOUNDRIES
- Stephen Freeman, father of former student from Presque Isle, currently a student at Colby College
MMSETS offers junior engineering and mathematics programs, including LEGO robotics, engineering and modular origami constructions, mathematical problem solving programs, modular origami exhibits, continuing education courses, invited presentations and workshops for teachers and/or students.
This site allows you to get familiar with our work, download the brochures of our programs and registration forms, and keep up with the latest news from the MMSETS and associated organizations in junior engineering and mathematics.
Making engineering and problem solving part of the culture, bonding to the community with engineering initiatives, career preparation, increasing the aspirations of students are benchmarks in creating a high quality place that attracts and retains workers who create knowledge or use knowledge to create new products, processes and services.
ANNOUNCING FALL 2016 PROGRAMS!
- NEW!! MASTER (Math, Science, Engineering and Technology) After School Program (grades 4-5) - Bangor – Fall 2016
- NEW!! MASTER (Math, Science, Engineering and Technology) After School Program (grades 3-5) - Hampden – Fall 2016
MMSETS Offers Individual and Small Group Tutoring in Mathematics
MMSETS is pleased to now offer individual and small group tutoring for students in grades 3 through 16 in the greater Bangor Area! We also prepare students in small groups (4 to 6) for all levels of the American Mathematics Competitions.
Specialty areas include: Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, Discrete Math
Download an information flyer here
CEU Courses available!